April 02, 2009

This is where I disappeared to

I always thought Microtel was a hotel brand just a notch above Days Inn. But when I flew to Mactan, Cebu last weekend, boy was I surprised! The hotel was so chic and modern, with very interesting furniture pieces in pop colors and rattan, I almost felt I was in a boutique hotel.

Of course, there were some hotel services I missed like the concierge, the 24-hour room service, free wi-fi service, and more menu/restaurant choices. The guest services are sometimes spotty, which I attribute to the newness of the hotel. But for its price points, Microtel Mactan offers great value for money.

Check out these pics:

(My room. Love the soft pillows and orthopedic bed!)


(I wanted to take home this silver lamp from the nightstand.)


(Kids swim in the infinity pool.)


(The view of the hotel rooms from the beach area.)


(The white beach; but let's not kid ourselves, the beaches in Mactan pale in comparison to Boracay.)


(As you step out the elevator, this is what greets you.)


(The restaurant called RICE, with a Kenneth Cobonpue sitting area to the right. The Asian-inspired cuisine was delicious, although limited in choices.)


(Just some of the many kooky furniture scattered throughout the hotel.)


I'll surely be back!

No comments: