August 09, 2010

Resolving workplace conflicts


ON A flight to Vancouver from Newark, New Jersey many years back – it was during those earlier tries by Philippine Airlines to fly that route – I was chatting with the flight attendant and telling her about how I was going to visit my Aunt and Uncle who was living in Oak Harbor, Washington.

I told her that I would have to spend the night at the Vancouver International Airport, then take an Alaska Air flight to the Seattle Tacoma airport the next morning. There was still no Internet then, so I’d probably just have to read the entire Mabuhay magazine just to fall asleep.

The flight attendant left me to go back to work, and I went back to my movie. But as we neared Vancouver, the same flight attendant came back, two paper bags in her hand, and told me to take them as baon. I opened the bags, and in them were two trays of food, some rolls, butter and utensils. (Click Something Like Life for the rest.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many are asking why our gov't's report that the country's economy is getting better but a lot of Filipinos are complaining that they do not feel it. The answer is, only the taipans are enjoying it. Most of these rich employers do not pay their employees properly. Actually, all of them. Just ask those working for them, only their toadies enjoy their pays.