March 24, 2009

Starstruck!

(Blair at the press interview. Photo by Roy Domingo)

I'M still quite euphoric about meeting and interviewing former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair. I am absolutely "starstruck" (borrowing a term of Campaigns PR's managing director Richard Arboleda who moderated the press briefing) at as Mr. Blair was just absolutely charming and oh-so-gorgeous! And he was such a sport donning the jacket of De La Salle University after he was presented a signum meriti award by the university before his speech at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza. (I hope to get this photo soon and will post here.)

The details of the meeting in a future blog entry. In the meantime, here's my story which appears today in the BusinessMirror. Details of his speech here.

(P.S. Correction: In my haste to beat the paper's deadline, and grappling with low blood sugar - no lunch! - I wrote that Mr. Blair is the Middle East envoy of the Quartet which includes the United Nations, the United States, the UK, and Russia. Instead of UK that should have been "EU" (European Union). Apologies.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that your Business Mirror article about Mr. Blair got a reply from a British blogger.

You can check it out here:
http://keeptonyblairforpm.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/my-guy-tony-im-in-love-no-not-me/

Stella Arnaldo said...

Thanks Caela!