September 25, 2007

Hail British comedy!

IF you loved Absolutely Fabulous, you'd know that Joanna Lumley's sidekick, Jennifer Saunders (the pill-popping, boozing designer Edina Monsoon) was, for the longest time, actually the partner of another British comedienne Dawn French in the hugely successful British TV sketch French and Saunders. These funny ladies revive their routines in A Bucket O' French & Saunders, whose first season just started this month.

I tripped over this clip at PerezHilton.com (don't ask me why I was there in the first place...ick), and it's really a hilarious spoof of Tyra Banks' America's Top Model. Oooh...Ms. Saunders looks like she's had some retouching done wot? Forget the ZTE scandal for the moment and let's enjoy the brilliance of British comedians. (I miss my Little Britain...sigh.)

No comments: