January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

(Scene from New Year 2008. This year's celeb was more sedate bec. of the rains. But I still woke up hacking from inhaling all the smog from everyone else's fireworks. Erg.)

No exclamation point in the greeting there because I think I'm in a food coma. I'm still super sleepy after staying up past 3 am to finish that Harry Potter movie on HBO.

I didn't want to go to bed muna because I was so full from the media noche...roast beef, spaghetti, a not-so-Chinese ham, fruit salad, chocolate eh, and ensaimada (the last two I'm supposed to be saving for merienda later). I'm so scared of dying from bangungot...just 'cos it's so unglamorous. And I imagine the snickers at the wake..."ayan, ang takaw kasi..." ick.

Just thinking about eating another feast this lunchtime doesn't make me wanna get up from bed. It will be paella valenciana, lengua sevillana, and prawns in lemon butter sauce today. Ugh. I think I'm going to sleep again. And I don't want to eat another bite until Monday.

No comments: