July 02, 2008

I've been busy...

I have been remiss in my blogging duties as I try to balance my work assignments, running after potential interviewees, dealing with my Pop's car (which has been acting up again!), and trying to religious log into Facebook so I can extra coins to redecorate my cyberhome in the Yo-Ville application.

To top it all off, I recently started experimenting on editing photos via Adobe Photoshop Express (http://www.photoshop.com/express). While it is currently available for users in the U.S., it doesn't mean we outsiders can't log in. We can become members, as I have done, and use the truly radical features of the site. But be warned that the response time can be veryyy slow. It's still in beta so there are still bugs being tweaked therein, and you may experience frequent stalling on your web browser, especially if you have other sites opened as well. (It works best on a Safari browser btw. Amen!)

But I just love PX! It's great what one can do on a photo editing site...you can literally make colors appear where there are none in the original. And what I recently experimented with were scanned photos from my trip to Batanes back in 2003, when digicams were still not widely used. I was still using my trusty Pentax ME Super SLR on manual in those days, which is a super excellent camera, except that now it's gotten to heavy to lug around especially when I already have an great workhorse in the 3.2 mp Cybershot camera built into my Sony Ericssion K800i phone.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit of what I've done on the PX site...I dunno if you can actually tell that some of the photos have been tweaked (like there are certain pics where the contrast was awful, so I had to fix that and make some colors "pop"). Photoshopping has been given a bad rap these days; PX is there to show you how amazing it can actually be.

Click http://akosistella.photoshop.com to check out my photos. Tell me what you think.

Btw I'm writing this paragraph and trying to publish this entry from my Palm Treo 680 via Opera mobile as my Bayan DSL has decided to give out tonight. Rats! Paging Bayan service support!

No comments: