October 01, 2008

The new TV season is on!

SUMMER is over in the States so all the great TV shows are back with their new seasons. Yay! Some of my favorites include Entourage, Dirty Sexy Money, House, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Heroes, and Burn Notice. So my Mac has been working overtime again, as I download the new season's torrents this time via Limewire. (I used to use Transmission or Bittorrent but there have been some Internet issues w/ downloads from eztv and piratebay...I went back to Limewire which seems to be faster these days.)

My other favorites like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and CSI New York and MadMen I just watch on the local cable networks so I don't tax my Mac and router too much. We're a little behind here, but it's still kinda cool to have something to wait for on TV. (I am surprised though that Studio 23 actually had very up-to-date Brothers and Sisters in its last seasons...it was only a week behind the U.S. airings.)

Without giving away anything, I am extremely excited over Grey's Anatomy's premier episode this season. Dr. Christina Yang (played by the always brilliant Sandra Oh) may be finding love (or at least lust) at last. There's a new doctor in town and I'm not saying who it is...of course you can just google it. Hint: he last played a lead role in ROME, the TV series. (Now that's a series I miss.)

Anyway the new doc (McMeaty? McNaughty? McSexy?) is hotttttt! and intense! Woof! Besides, it's about time Christina gets over Dr. Preston Burke. This is one tough cookie who needs some TLC. Who cares what happens to the on and off again relationship of Dr. McSteamy (Patrick Dempsey) and Dr. Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo), ey? And yes, the Izzie character can be killed off. She's still living in her head w/ Denney the dead guy. Ick. she is annoying (both the character and the actor...what an arrogant bitch to turn down an Emmy nomination...feeling diva pwede ba!).

As for the other shows which have just premiered, Entourage is cooking as well...Vincent Chase (Adrian Grenier) is trying to get his career back on track after that miserable movie on Pablo Escobar. You'll still see a lot of cameos by actors, scriptwriters, and film producers/execs playing themselves as Vinnie tries to secure his next movie. But the character I really love is Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven). This loudmouth has a great big heart. He may mess around w/ other women, and act like an asswipe in his dealings, but he loves his wife and kids. And you'll see him show this side of his in the new season. Of course, I can never get enough of Ari's office dynamics w/ his gay assistant Lloyd (Rex Lee...now a regular yay!).

Over at House M.D., Dr. House (Hugh Laurie) may finally see an end to the only one great relationship he's had with another human being. Almost everyone in this new season has come back hurting. Doctors in pain treating those in pain. Let's see how it'll play out.

I'm downloading Heroes right now, and eagerly waiting the season premier of Dirty Sexy Money. I hear Lucy Liu is gonna join the latter's cast.

No comments: