August 04, 2009

Tears for Tita Cory

I DON'T think I cried so much in one day, even for my brothers or father who have passed away. The necrological service for former President Corazon C. Aquino ("Tita Cory") was just so moving. There were so many heartfelt messages from her friends, family members and former colleagues in government, which showed just how much she was loved. How wonderful to listen to so many who have this much affection for her.

The most moving for me was I suppose, the eulogy of her PSG aide, Mel Mamaril. It was so simple, unrehearsed, and straight from the heart. He told people how much a part of the family Tita Cory made him feel. It was truly honest and touching. I hope someone is able to get a copy of his eulogy and post it on the web. (UPDATE 08/05/09 2:56 am: Click this link for Insp. Mamaril's eulogy via ABS-CBN's web site.)

In the meantime, here's the eulogy of Rep. Teddyboy Locsin, former speechwriter and an adviser of Tita Cory during her term of office. He has been one of her closest allies to the very end.

Eulogy for President Cory Aquino

No comments: