August 07, 2009

Tita Cory as a 'lola'

I'M SORRY, I'm crying again. I just read this an article featuring Tita Cory's grandkids sharing their wonderful memories of their Lola (grandmother). I hope Philippine Star doesn't remove this from its web site. To read stories like this about Tita Cory is such a privilege.

"I don’t know what life will bring the next few days, weeks, or years. But what I do know is that I will forever miss my lola.

I will miss everything about her. The happiness of her eight grandchildren meant everything to her and she never put herself ahead of anyone." (Click Grandchildren pay tribute to Cory.)

I just want to hug these kids. But I think they'll be okay. I know their Lola Cory will be guiding them every step of the way.

* * * *

FOR those who were also enamored with Conrado de Quiros' eulogy for Tita Cory last Aug. 4 at the Manila Cathedral, read it here. Wrote Conrad:

"I’ve seen activists who began by serving the people, or exhorting the world to, end up serving only themselves. And I’ve seen students who thought only of saving their families end up saving the world, or trying to. I’ve seen the best and the brightest turn only into the worst and greediest. And I’ve seen someone who was walang alam, or who was made out to be so, teach the world a thing or two about honor and courage and grace."

No comments: