June 13, 2006

Island Hopping

Though I never met Jay Aldeguer ‘til last month, I had apparently been one of the earlier patrons of his business. And his being only 34 years old and probably one of the most successful entrepreneurs not just Cebu, but the country has produced, makes me proud I had placed my bets on him. I had my first brush with Jay’s company in the early 90’s, walking into his 80-sq.m store to buy some souvenir t-shirts from Cebu. His shop Islands Souvenirs in its fiesta-like colors and atmosphere stood out in the White Gold mall, an upscale mall the Gaisano family had that time.(Please click blog title for the rest of the story. Originally published in BusinessDay magazine, 2005)

Anent to my Independence Day posting, what better way to promote the Philippines than through clever souvenir T-shirts?

No comments: