June 02, 2006

It's June!

When I was studying, I always hated the coming of June because it was time to go back to school. Waking up at 6:30 am and putting on the hideous blue and white uniform with skirt below the knee, and despite living nearby, still not making it early enough for the flag ceremony. A round of Algebraic equations, Chemistry formulas, CAT training, Pilipino grammar lessons, etc. Boriiiiiing!

But now I love June, precisely because it is school time! The noisy kids with palengke-mouths will no longer be playing in the park across my bedroom cos they'll be busy at school and then at home doing their assignments. Ahhh, peace at last! June also means rains which will cool down the sizzling city. Lots of naps and sleeptime with nice bed weather. Or maybe have a sane vacation out of town. Boracay deserted again! Yahoo! It's time to pack my bags and enjoy the serenity that the rainy season brings.

No comments: