I got this email from a friend in the States with a joke that has been making the rounds since September. It's been erroneously attributed to David Letterman but I thought, in the light of all the gnashing of teeth and hairpulling over Desperate Housewives and now The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, maybe it's time to publish this. Btw, to the real author of this joke, kudos. You should enter it in Dave's Top Ten contest.
So chillax people, don't take yourselves too seriously.
Top 10 Reasons Why There Couldn't Be a Filipino-American US President
10. The White House is not big enough for in-laws and extended relatives.
9. There are not enough parking spaces at the White House for 2 Honda Civics, 2 Toyota Land Cruisers, 3 Toyota Corollas, a Mercedes Benz, a BMW and an MPV.
8. Dignitaries generally are intimidated by eating with their fingers at State dinners.
7. There are too many dining rooms in the White House - where will they put the picture of the Last Supper?
6. The White House walls are not big enough to hold a pair of giant wooden spoon and fork.
5. Secret Service staff won't respond to "psst... psst".
4. Secret Service staff will not be comfortable driving the presidential car with a Holy Rosary hanging on the rear view mirror or the statue of the Santo Nino on the dashboard.
3. No budget allocation to purchase a karaoke machine for every room in the White House.
2. State dinners do not allow "Take Home".
AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY THERE COULDN'T BE A FILIPINO-AMERICAN US PRESIDENT IS...
1. Air Force One does not allow overweight Balikbayan boxes.